How to trade TRIA Token on forkdelta.app
TRIA Token is currently traded on the exchange ForkDelta. As of mid February 2019 Etherdelta is down for maintenance so trading activity has moved to Forkdelta. Forkdelta works exactly the same as Etherdelta so pictures in this tutorial are applicable to both websites.
Please beware that while your tokens are on Forkdelta profit share distribution is not possible. You will need to make sure your tria tokens are back in your personal Ethereum wallet at the end of the month to receive profit sharing.
To be able to trade on ForkDelta with MetaMask you need to take the following steps:
- Install MetaMask (and Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox if you don’t have it yet)
- Import your Ethereum Wallet into MetaMask
- Deposit Ethereum into your wallet
- Start trading TRIA tokens on ForkDelta
You can also use Ledger Nano S with Forkdelta. On the top right corner of the screen click on the account number and select Ledger Nano S. Follow the instructions on your computer screen. In your Ledger Nano S you need to go to the settings of the Ethereum application on your Ledger device and set “Browser Support” and “Contract Data” on “Yes”. After connecting with your Nano Ledger S you can then proceed to step 4. Start trading TRIA tokens
1. Install MetaMask
1. MetaMask works on Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and the new Brave browser. It does not work on Internet Explorer, Safari or any other browser. This tutorial is based on Google Chrome. If you do not have Chrome yet, please download it here
2. Open Chrome.
3. Go to https://metamask.io and click “Get Chrome Plugin.”
4. Click on “GET CHROME EXTENSION” and in the next screen click the blue “+ ADD TO CHROME” button in the upper right corner.
5. After installing has finished click the orange MetaMask logo in your extension bar (upper right corner).
6. Read the terms of service. Scroll down to the bottom to accept said terms of service.
7. You are now asked to enter a password, which protects your key by encrypting it. This means you are more secure. Choose a strong, easy to remember password. Do not store the password in Dropbox, post it to Twitter, or share it with anyone. Write it down on paper!
8. MetaMask shows you 12 words. These 12 words are a fancy representation of your private key. You need this to access your account. No one can recover it if you lose it, if your computer dies, if you reinstall Chrome, or if you uninstall the MetaMask extension, etc. Store it the same safe way you stored your password and other Ethereum private keys.
Remember! Do not share these keywords with anyone! If you do, they can access your account and send all your coins to themselves.
2. Import your Ethereum Wallet into MetaMask
You can now import your MyEtherwallet.com wallet to MetaMask to use this for trading on ForkDelta. Click on the icon next to the 3 lines underneath each other and select Import Account.
In Select type choose JSON File, then click “Choose File” and select the MyEtherWallet UTC wallet file on your computer. Enter your password and click “IMPORT”
Your current Ethereum wallet is now imported into MetaMask. To see your CombiCoin and TRIA Tokens balance click on the Tokens tab in the MetaMask window and click on Add Token. For TRIA fill in the following token address: 0x3293Cc907fdE439B39aEdaF1B982785adaFf186b and tab. It will automatically fill the token symbol TRIA and the decimals of precision.
Click on Add. You should now see your TRIA balance.
3. Deposit Ethereum into your wallet
Before you start trading on ForkDelta it is necessary to have some Ethereum on your wallet. This is because you need to pay a small amount of Ethereum to be able to send TRIA tokens to and withdraw them from ForkDelta. There are many ways to acquire Ethereum, for example CoinBase.com or BTCDirect. On the Coinbase exchange you need to register an account and you can trade other cryptocurrencies as well. We recommend to have around 0.01 ETH on the wallet to be able to cover transaction fees. When transferring ETH from Coinbase you need to specify the address of your Ethereum wallet that is holding the TRIA tokens and you imported into MetaMask in the above steps.
4. Start trading TRIA tokens on ForkDelta
- Connect MetaMask or Nano Ledger S
- Deposit TRIA to ForkDelta
- How to trade (buy/sell)
- How to place an order
- How to cancel an order
- Withdraw from ForkDelta
1. Connect MetaMask or Nano Ledger S
1. Make sure you are logged into MetaMask or your Nano Ledger S is connected.
2. Go to Forkdelta
3. Your MetaMask or Nano Ledger S account address should appear automatically in the ForkDelta account dropdown (upper right) and your TRIA and ETH balance appear in the upper left corner.
2. Deposit TRIA to ForkDelta
1. In the top bar select TRIA or use this link.
2. In the upper left corner is a Balance panel. Here you can move (deposit) ETH and TRIA from your MetaMask or Nano Ledger S wallet to the ForkDelta exchange.
3. If you want to buy TRIA tokens enter the amount of ETH you want to deposit and press “Deposit.” Don’t deposit all of your ETH though. You need to leave some (recommended is 0,01 ETH) behind to cover transaction fees and when you withdraw ETH or TRIA back to your personal Ethereum wallet.
4. If you want to sell TRIA tokens you enter the amount of TRIA you want to trade and press “Deposit”.
5. After you press the “Deposit” button, you’ll have to approve the transaction. You can change the gas price from the default (~4 gwei) to the most recent if you want to make sure the transaction will be processed.
6. NOTE: If you are depositing TRIA, you must approve the transactions two times. This is normal for tokens.
7. After you approve the transaction, ForkDelta will tell you that you generated a transaction. You can click the link to track your transaction on Etherscan. It can take a few minutes before it is submitted to the network and between 1 minute up to 1 hour to complete. You may need to refresh (press F5) the page manually.
8. Once your transaction is confirmed by the network, you should see funds move from the “Wallet” column to the “ForkDelta” column. You may need to refresh (press F5) the Forkdelta website manually.
3. How to trade (buy/sell)
Now you should have some TRIA and/or ETH in the “Forkdelta” column.
1. Pick TRIA token in the top bar to start trading.
2. TRIA tokens are listed in ETH. For example, a price of 0.03 TRIA/ETH means 1 TRIA costs 0.03 ETH.
3. In the order book you see green orders and red orders stacked on top of each other. Green orders are people who want to buy your TRIA. Red orders are people who want to sell TRIA to you. You can click on any order you like to buy or sell the TRIA token.
4. ForkDelta allows you to match against one order per transaction. You can’t trade against multiple orders at once. Partial fills are allowed. For example, if there is an order selling 100 TRIA, you can click the order and choose to only buy 25 TRIA, leaving 75 TRIA behind for someone else to buy.
5. Orders will not be matched automatically on this Exchange. There can be an order to buy for 0.02 and another order to sell for 0.02 but nothing will happen. Only if someone clicks the order a trade will be made. When you buy, a transaction will be generated, moving the token to your wallet and some ether to the other wallet. Or when you sell, the token will move to the other wallet and the ether will move to your wallet.
6. If two people try to trade the same order at the same time, the first transaction to be confirmed will get the trade (unless both orders are partial fills) and the other transaction will fail.
7. A failed trade will show up as an error on Etherscan. No funds will be lost except the gas fee for the transaction. It failed but it was processed.
4. How to place an order
If you don’t like the prices you see in the order book, you can place your own order. Placing an order doesn’t involve a transaction. This means there is no gas fee for placing an order.
1. On the ‘New Order’ form, select the Buy tab or the Sell tab depending on whether you want to buy or sell the token.
2. Let’s assume you want to buy TRIA.
3. The first box is the amount of TRIA you want to buy.
4. The second box is the TRIA/ETH price. How much ETH do you want to pay for 1 TRIA? You can check the current ETH price in US$ at coinmarketcap.com
5. Beware you put Amount and Price in the right boxes. This is a common mistake!
5. The third box shows the amount of ETH you will spend in total. This box will be calculated automatically so you can check if the buy order is possible with your ETH balance. For sell orders this is the amount of ETH you will receive if the order is filled.
6. The fourth box is the number of Ethereum blocks until your order automatically expires. The default, 10000, is about two days. If you want your order to last longer, add approximately 5000 per day, or enter 2000000 for a year.
7. After you submit the order, you should see two small green bubbles pop up in the lower right. The first one will say “You sent an order.” The second one will say “Your order was received.”
8. After your order was received, it can take about a minute for the order to appear in the order book. You may need to refresh (press F5) manually.
9. Your order will be highlighted in blue so you can easily spot it. If your order is much higher or lower than the current price you may need to scroll the Order book up or down to see it.
10. ForkDelta does not do order matching. For example, if someone is offering TRIA for sale at a price of 0.02, and you place an order to buy for a higher price of 0.03, a trade will not automatically happen. The only way to make a trade happen is to click an order and trade it.
12. Your balance does not change when you place an order. Your balance will only change when your order is filled. The trade will appear on the right under Trades. Click the symbol next to the ETH amount for transaction information (e.g. Timestamp).
13. ForkDelta checks your balance to make sure your order is backed by enough deposit, but it does not check if the total sum of your orders is backed by your ETH balance. This means you can have multiple orders on Forkdelta with the same amount of ETH. If one order is fulfilled the amount of ETH is reduced for all other orders.
5. How to cancel an order
1. In the lower middle of the screen click the Orders tab under “My Transactions”.
2. Find your order in the list of orders and press “Cancel.”
3. This will trigger a transaction to remove the order from the orderbook.
6. Withdraw from Forkdelta
After you made your desired transactions you will want to withdraw the funds on ForkDelta to your own personal Ethereum wallet. Remember that withdrawing costs a small gas fee in ETH, and the gas fee comes from your “Wallet.” You should have some ETH in your wallet to do this.
- The Withdraw tab is the opposite of the Deposit tab. It will move funds from the “ForkDelta” column back to the “Wallet” column.
2. Fill out the amount of ETH you want to withdraw and click the blue Withdraw button. After you press the “Withdraw” button, you have to approve the transaction. You can change the gas price from the default (~4 gwei) to the most recent if you want to make sure the transaction will be processed.
3. After you approve the transaction, ForkDelta will tell you that you generated a transaction. You can click the link to track your transaction on Etherscan. It can take a few minutes before it is submitted to the network and between 1 minute up to 1 hour to complete. You may need to refresh (press F5) the page manually.
4. Once your transaction is confirmed by the network, you should see funds move from the “Forkdelta” column back to the “Wallet” column. You may need to refresh (press F5) the Forkdelta website manually.